The Horror: HR 2454, from Obama

From Becki Phelps – analysis of nightmare legislation  HR2454 – more vastly unpleasant stuff from a government run wild, the Obama government. This is a useful, documented synopsis of Henry Waxman’s 2009 bill.

A License Required for your HOUSE?

If you own your home you really need to check this out. At the end of this
email is the Google link to verify. If the country thinks the housing
market is depressed now, wait until everyone sees this. No one will be
buying homes in the future.

We encourage you to read the provisions of the Cap and Trade Bill that has
passed the House of Representatives and are being considered by the Senate.
We are ready to join the next march on Washington ! This Congress and their
“experts” are truly out to destroy the middle class of the U.S.A.

A License will be required for your house…no longer just for cars and
mobile homes….Thinking about selling your house? Take a look at H.R. 2454
(Cap and Trade bill). This is unbelievable! Home owners take note and tell
your friends and relatives who are home owners!

Beginning one year after enactment of the Cap and Trade Act, you won’t be
able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with the energy and
water efficiency standards of this “Cap & Trade” bill, passed by the House
of Representatives. If it is also passed by the Senate, it will be the
largest tax increase any of us has ever experienced.

The Congressional Budget Office (supposedly non-partisan) estimates that in
just a few years the average cost to every family of four will be $6,800 per
year. No one is excluded. However, once the lower classes feel the pinch in
their wallets, you can be sure that these voters will get a tax refund (even
if they pay no taxes at all) to offset this new cost. Thus, you Mr. And Mrs.
Middle Class have to pay even more since additional tax dollars will be
needed to bail out everyone else..

But wait. This awful bill (that no one in Congress has actually read) has
many more surprises in it. Probably the worst one is this: A year from now
you won’t be able to sell your house without some bureaucrat’s OK. Yes, you
read that right.

The caveat (there always is a caveat) is that if you have enough money to
make required major upgrades to your home, then you can sell it. But, if
not, then forget it. Even pre-fabricated homes (“mobile homes”) are
included. In effect, this bill prevents you from selling your home without
the permission of the EPA administrator.

To get this permission, you will have to have the energy efficiency of your
home measured. Then the government will tell you what your new energy
efficiency requirement is and you will be required to make modifications to
your home under the retrofit provisions of this Act, to comply with the new
energy and water efficiency requirements.

Then you will have to get your home measured again and get a license (called
a “label” in the Act) that must be posted on your property to show what your
efficiency rating is; sort of like the Energy Star efficiency rating label
on your refrigerator or air conditioner. If you don’t get a high enough
rating, you can’t sell.

And, the EPA administrator is authorized to raise the standards every year,
even above the automatic energy efficiency increases built into the Act. The
EPA administrator, appointed by the President, will run the Cap & Trade
program (AKA the “American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009”) and is
authorized to make any future changes to the regulations and standards
he/she alone determines to be in the government’s best interest.
Requirements are set low initially so the bill will pass Congress. Then the
Administrator can set new standards every year.

The Act itself contains annual required increases in energy efficiency for
private and commercial residences and buildings. However, the EPA
administrator can set higher standards at any time. Sect. 202 – Building
Retrofit Program mandates a national retrofit program to increase the energy
efficiency of all existing homes across America.

Beginning one year after enactment of the Act, you won’t be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with its energy and water
efficiency standards. You had better sell soon, because the standards will
be raised each year and will be really hard (expen$ive) to meet in a few
years. Oh, goody!

The Act allows the government to give you a grant of several thousand
dollars to comply with the retrofit program requirements IF you meet certain
energy efficiency levels. But, wait, the State can set additional
requirements on who qualifies to receive the grants. You should expect
requirements such as “can’t have an income of more than $50K per year”,
“home selling price can’t be more than $125K”, or anything else to target
the upper middle class (that includes YOU?) and prevent you from qualifying
for the grants.

Most of us won’t get a dime and will have to pay the entire cost of the
retrofit out of our own pockets. More transfer of wealth, more “change you
can believe in.” Sect. 204 – Building Energy Performance Labeling Program
establishes a labeling program that for each individual residence willidentify the achieved energy efficiency performance for “at least 90 percent
of the residential market within 5 years after the date of the enactment of
this Act.”

This means that within 5 years 90% of all residential homes in the U.S. must
be measured and labeled. The EPA administrator will get $50M each year to
enforce the labeling program. The Secretary of the Department of Energy will
get an additional $20M each year to help the EPA. Some of this money will,
of course, be spent on coming up with tougher standards each year…

Oh, the label will be like a license for your car. You will be required to
post the label in a conspicuous location in your home and will not be
allowed to sell your home without having this label. And, just like your car
license, you will probably be required to get a new label every so often –
maybe every year.

But, the government estimates the cost of measuring the energy efficiency of
your home should only cost about $200 each time. Remember what they said
about the auto smog inspections when they first started: that in California?
It would only cost $15. That was when the program started. Now the cost is
about $50 for the inspection and certificate.

Expect the same from the home labeling program. Sect. 304 – Greater Energy
Efficiency in Building Codes establishes new energy efficiency guidelines
for the National Building Code and mandates at 304(d) that one year after
enactment of this Act, all state and local jurisdictions must adopt the
National Building Code energy efficiency provisions or must obtain a
certification from the federal government that their state and/or local
codes have been brought into full compliance with the National Building Code
energy efficiency standards.

CHECK OUT a few of the sites;

Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home http://www.nachi. org/forum/
f14/cap-and- trade-license- required- your-home- 44750/

HR2454 American Clean Energy & Security Act: http://www.govtrack
.us/congress/ bill.xpd? bill=h111- 2454

Cap & Trade A license required for your home:

Cap and trade is a license to cheat and steal:
http://www.sfexamin columns/oped_ contributors/
Cap-and-trade- is-a-license- to-cheat- and-steal- 45371937. html
Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home:

Thinking about selling you House? Look at HR 2454:


2 Responses

  1. […] The story is here The Horror: HR 2454, from Obama […]


    Please pass it back along the line of bullshiter’s from wince it came …. I wonder just how many seniors have had a heart attack believing it is true ….. also this bill that has nothing in it that requires a license to sell your home and was passed while Cheney ran the country. It was design to get senior and low income familie’s homes insolated, and to create jobs …..and we need jobs regardless who guarding the chicken coop.

    It just isn’t fair that with all that senior have to deal with crap like this. There should be a law crap like this from ever reaching seniors.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: